Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Organization Makes My Heart Sing




Each day I check my tickle file. It holds items that have been tucked away for my attention on a specific date in the future.

I've known about tickle files for years, and several times I've tried to get a system up and started, only to lose papers to a neglected stack of files. Last year I read a blog post about David Allen's Getting Things Done. I devoured the book in a few days and immediately set a day aside to get my inbox to zero.

It takes a bit of effort to keep the new habits in place, and I have to get right back on track as soon as I see disorder nudging close again. However, I'm learning that staying organized is a lot easier than getting organized The biggest reward is the peace of mind that being organized brings. I can only keep so much in this 50+ noggin, and I much prefer to let my tickle file handle the not-right-now storage space.

Oh, yes! I'm singing the organizational melodies today!


No comments: